Tuesday, April 18, 2006

04.18.06 - T.O, Baby....T.O!

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it but its still exciting starting in a new company. I'm constantly being amazed at how large Amgen is. Kinda makes me reminsce about UCSD, especially after working at a small company for 7 years. There are multiple cafeterias on campus, along with a 2 story gym, basketball courts, research labs, admin buildings and the like. There are tons of work related training classes I'm taking (from HR stuff to Mfg stuff) so I'm "in class" a couple of hours each day. I've got over 100 SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) to read just so i can start doing my job....

All in all, I'm glad to be here and am excited about the opportunities this company will provide. I just hope I don't disappoint. In the meantime, I have been getting on my bicycle quite a bit. I'm living in temporary corporate housing which is only a few miles away from work. It allows me to scope out the area and neighborhoods without having to waste much gas. I even signed up to be part of Amgen's cycling club....I guess they have a team too but i know i won't be racing anytime soon....

Do I miss San Diego? Definitely. especially now that nicer weather is coming around. I won't be able to make the 15 minute drive to the cove to enjoy a swim in the ocean. I've yet to find a place for dancing that isn't in LA (might have to succumb...) But most of all, I miss all the friends I have in SD who keep me company.....

Till the next update.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home